IWC shares the basis of faith of Christian Conventions which work closely with organizations such as Proclamation Trust and Gospel Partnerships.
Our committee is a mix of interdenominational evangelical women. We are firmly committed to the belief that the Bible has direct and relevant application to the lives of twenty–first century women of all ages as they seek to live for Christ.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The Irish Women’s Convention is organised by an interdenominational group of evangelical women chaired by Diane Casement.
We share the conviction that ‘All Scripture is God–breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.’ 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe the following distinctives of the Christian faith:
- The one and only, living and true God, in three eternal persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, judgement and in all things past, present and future.
- The full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God; his virgin conception by the Holy Spirit and his coming in real and sinless humanity as the Christ promised in the Scriptures; his death on the cross for our sins, his bodily resurrection to rule heaven and earth and his return to judge all people and renew his creation.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people rendering everyone subject to God’s just wrath and condemnation to eternal separation from God in hell.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of our representative and penal substitute, Jesus Christ our Lord, the only mediator between God and people.
- Justification by grace through faith in Christ alone as an act of God’s mercy by which sinners may be both pardoned of all sin and imputed with the righteousness of God in Christ.
- The need for the Holy Spirit to make the work of Christ effective to sinners, granting new life and repentance from sin towards God and faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in all who are regenerate to produce an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour and witness.
- The one, holy, apostolic, heavenly church to which all true believers belong.
- The future personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to judge all people, save believers to share his glory in his renewed creation and to justly punish unbelievers in hell.
- The supreme divine authority, inerrancy, sufficiency and consistency of Holy Scripture, which is the Word of God who does not lie, in all matters of faith and conduct for salvation.
- The preservation by God of all who are regenerate for heaven.